Do You Know These 13 Songs Penned By Prince For Other Artists?
Prince died at the age of 57 but many things still are much alive from this prolific artist’s life. One of the things that he left behind was many songs that he had written for other artists since the 80s. That’s right he did not just write songs for himself, in fact, he wrote many other songs for artists around the world. Check them out:
1. Nothing Compares To You by Sinead O’Connor – 1990
This was by far the biggest hit for this artist but she didn’t even write it!
2. Manic Monday by The Bangles – 1986
In 84 Prince recorded this song as a duet between himself and Apollonia 6 but back out. He then offered it to the Bangles and soon became a global hit.
3. I Feel For You by Chaka Khan – 1984
This first came out by Prince in 1979 on his second album but it wasn’t until Chaka Khan’s version in 1982 that it went to number one globally.
4. The Glamorous Life by Shelia E – 1984
Another great one Prince penned.
5. Nasty Girl by Vanity 6 – 1982
Prince wrote this for his protege pop girl band Vanity 6.
6. How Come You Don’t Call Me Anymore by Alicia Keys – 2002
Alicia Keys released he cover of this Prince song for her debut album.
7. When You Were Mine by Cyndi Lauper – 1984
Yes, Prince wrote this one too!
8. Love Song by Madonna featuring Prince – 1989
This was a reflection of their brief romance in 1985.
9. Stand Back by Stevie Nicks – 1983
Stevie Nicks got in contact with Prince to help her complete this song.
10. Pray by MC Hammer – 1990
MC Hammer’s follow-up single to his number one (and only) hit Can’t Touch This heavily samples Prince’s When Doves Cry.
11. Sugar Walls by Sheena Easton – 1985
The For Your Eyes Only singer said in a statement: ‘It was impossible to imagine him not being here.’
‘The world of music was forever changed the day he picked up his guitar. His talent was breathtaking, his heart was kind, and all of us have been blessed to have had a glimpse into this sweet and magical soul.”
12. Yo Mister by Patti Labelle – 1985
Prince wrote for Patti Labelle too!
13. Love… Thy Will Be Done by Martika – 1991
Martika actually flew to Prince’s home to get a songwriting class from him.