People who shop at Aldi don’t need telling just how great the discount supermarket chain truly is. But unlike Tesco, Morrisons and any of the other mainstream grocery brands out there, Aldi has its own little quirks that only regular customers will truly recognise. Check out these 21 tweets below that only people who shop at Aldi will understand – you’ll be itching to get your food shop done in no time. Enjoy!
First of all, anyone who has only been to Aldi even once will know just how insanely fast the cashiers are when it comes to scanning your food…
21. We can all sympathise with this feeling:
20. Sometimes you just want to tell the cashier to calm down
There's just NO need for how fast they scan your shit at aldi. Stop firing cocktail sausages at me Janice and calm the fuck down
— Kels (@KelsieHodge) August 22, 2017
19. This guy rightly pointed out that Aldi customers haven’t evolved to pack their shopping that quickly
Hey look we get it Aldi cashier you want to do this as quickly as possible but I'm
A ) on my own
B ) not an octopus
C ) not a time traveller so unable to both load the conveyor belt and pack bags simultaneously
— Chris ? twitch.tv/papaglitch_ (@_Papaglitch_) July 17, 2018
18. And this guy is just winning at life, living the Aldi dream:
Regular visitors to Aldi will know all about the random aisle in the middle of the shop that sells the maddest stuff, from thermal hiking gear to portable air conditioners. It’s a dangerous place – you can go in only needing a loaf of bread and come out with some camping gear instead.
17. The Aldi middle aisle is like a black hole full of the weirdest products on the planet
Love that middle aisle of random shit in Aldi. Who the fuck is impulse buying an 8 piece children's bamboo dinner set? (apart from Pandas)
— Joe Delaney (@TheJoeDelaney) September 15, 2017
16. But many customers appreciate just how much variety there is each week
The middle aisle in ALDI is brilliant. So much random shit. You want a dropsaw, they got it. You want some rigging gloves, they got it. You want a bamboo thread foam pillow, it’s there for you son!
— BEERBOY-182 ? (@beerboy182) January 23, 2018
15. It’s easy to come out clutching four or five things you just didn’t need:
The danger of the Aldi middle aisle…
Went in for milk and butter, came out with thermal leggings, a ladder and a pancake flipper.
— Dr Cop JackOfAll (@IsPoeticJustice) March 10, 2018
14. But one Twitter user came up with a very sobering thought:
Imagine working for years to set up your own business only to have your product exclusively sold down the middle aisle of Aldi
— Will Jensen (@RealWill_Jensen) December 8, 2018
Aldi has some excellent produce on display but sometimes it can be a bit limiting, especially if you need slightly more exotic ingredients for your weekly shop. And if you’re a vegetarian then some of Aldi’s products can be (hilariously) limiting!
13. This guy was bemused to find out that his local Aldi’s ‘vegetarian’ section was entirely made up of garlic bread
12. And the new Aldi veggie/vegan line hasn’t gone down that well with some people
Hello @ all my veggies. The new Aldi vegetarian/vegan selection is bomb dot com
— ?Claudia Chambers? (@dreamclauds) January 11, 2018
11. Some Twitter users are still suspicious about the new range of veggie products
Aldi has legit veggie patties that they are advertising over on Instagram. That’s crazy to me, the aldi I knew as a kid sold horse meat as beef and was not about vegetarian options at all.
— BrandonBreaux.eth (@theBreaux) January 9, 2018
10. But others are fully embracing the vegetarian line
Aldi vegetarian sausages:
Texture: sausagey ✅
Flavour: sausagey ✅
Recommended with: bread and tomato sauce ✅
— gerry (@geraldmellor) September 23, 2017
There’s always one thing that you need to remember when you’re about to go for a big shop at Aldi. You need to have your coin ready for your shopping trolley, of course! It turns out that there’s plenty of issues surrounding the Aldi trolley coin that we had never thought about before…
9. This lady has made the transition from young adult to fully-fledged grown-up
Adulting is always keeping a quarter in your car in case you'll need to make a stop at Aldi
— Lauren Elizabeth (@itslaaaarn) September 7, 2017
8. This Aldi customer is an absolute hero when it comes to his shopping cart
7. And some people just leave their coin behind to feel like an absolute gangsta:
I just left my cart in the Aldi parking lot without getting my quarter back like some kind of billionaire playboy.
— mark (@TheCatWhisprer) July 13, 2015
6. The best feeling in the world though is when you remember a coin AND your reusable bags. Winning.
I remembered reusable bags AND a quarter before going to Aldi, which is great, but it kind of sucks that there's nowhere to go but down now.
— Eric Thede (@ericthede) August 14, 2017
But what’s the number one reason why we all go to Aldi? Because it’s just so cheap. Regular Aldi shoppers will definitely sympathise with these last few tweets…
5. It’s fairly easy to hibernate for the winter if you shop at Aldi
just dropped $20 at aldi so i should be good on food through the winter
— mikey (@Mikey_Put_A_Rat) September 5, 2017
4. Most customers aren’t too bothered about getting the ‘off-brand’ stuff either
Idc if I'm getting the off brand kind from aldi!
I'm getting it for 99 cents bitch!!
— Kay (@Kayla_vill23) September 12, 2017
3. Aldi is like paradise for students
2. The good thing is that the booze is cheap too
Aldi wine is basically the adult version of a four loko. So cheap, but still manages to get the job done every time
— Tom (@bcheck21smerk) November 3, 2018
1. And any parents out there who are trying to save some money, you might want to use this sneaky trick:
refuse to drink any form of coke that isn’t pepsi max and my mums been putting cheap aldi coke in a pepsi max bottle so i drink it ffs
— shauna (@shaunadainty) September 2, 2018