Everybody agrees that the 80s was a great decade for movies. From Terminator to The Lost Boys to Dirty Dancing, there was something for everyone in the era of epic sci-fi movies and Brat Pack high school comedies. In the article below we’ve included 20 of the best lines from a wide selection of classic 80s films. See which ones you can remember quoting weeks and months after you had first been to the cinema…
There’s plenty of much-loved movies in there, from Star Wars to Die Hard, so it’s time to say “Yippe-ki-yay, motherf****r!” and scroll down this list to relive some of your favourite 80s movie quotes.
1.”I was in here yesterday and you wouldn’t wait on me. You work on commission right? Big mistake, big….Huge! I have to go shopping now.”
2. “Hey You Guys!!”
As yelled by Sloth, played by John Matuszak in The Goonies.
3. “Death By Stereo.”
As uttered by the late great Corey Haim, who played Sam in the The Lost Boys.
4. “You have 13 hours in which to solve the labyrinth, before your baby brother becomes one of us, forever.”
5. “There’s a Peck here, with an acorn pointed at me!”
This was a line from the movie Willow, starring a young Warwick Davis. However, this particular quote was from Madmartigan, played by Val Kilmer.
6. “Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K!”
7. “That’s Not a Knife…. That’s a Knife.”
8. “Stephanie Reassemble.”
This was Johnny 5’s plea to Stephanie after he squashes a grass hopper in Short Circuit. Johnny 5 was voiced by Tim Blaney.
9. “Get Away From Her You BITCH!”
10. “I Don’t Get It.”
Josh Baskin (played by Tom Hanks) innocently brings down his rival, Paul, in Big.
11. “Yippee-Ki-Yay Mother F****r!”
The immortal words of John McClane (Bruce Willis) in Die Hard and in pretty much every Die Hard thereafter!
12. “I Feel the Need, the Need For Speed.”
13. “No, I Am Your Father.”
These words were uttered by the voice of James Earl Jones as Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back.
14. “Gonna make it, Gonna make it, Not gonna make it, Not gonna make it, Not gonna make it!”
Steve Martin played Lucky Day in The Three Amigos. He shouted this line whilst trying to escape El Guapo’s trap.
15. “Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner.”
Patrick Swayze as Johnny Castle in Dirty Dancing. Apparently the actor himself hated the line and thought it was too cheesy (it is).
16. “We Came, We Saw, We Kicked Its Ass.”
17. “Come With Me if You Want to Live.”
First said by Kyle Reese played by Michael Biehn in Terminator, but later used in the sequels too.
18. “I am Serious and Don’t Call Me Shirley.”
19. “Catch Ya Later, Navigator.”
This was the voice of Paul Reubens as Trimaxion “Max” in Flight of the Navigator.
20. “Wax On, Wax Off.”
As said by Mr Miyagi, who was played by Pat Morita in The Karate Kid.