He’s known for his dark style and his wicked sense of reality. For these reasons, he has often fascinated people if not blatantly scared them! His antics never ceased to amaze both fans and spectators during his life as a performer and masquerade. Needless to say, he managed to be a bizarre icon during his days and here are some things that you probably didn’t even know about him:
1. His real name is Brian Hugh Warner.
He was born in Ohio. His father was a Catholic.
2. He even attended Catholic school for most of his childhood.
It was called Heritage Christian School.
3. He originally pursued a career in music journalism.
His major was journalism at Broward College in Fort Lauderdale.
4. His first band was started up in 1989 and it was called “Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids”.
They enjoyed a lot of popularity in the state of Florida. In 1992, they simply called themselves “Marilyn Manson”. It was a combination of the name Marilyn Monroe and the serial killer Charles Manson.
5. He was engaged three different times but only married once.
Engaged to Rose McGowan, Dita Von Teese and Evan Rachel Wood. He married Dita Von Teese. They divorced after a year.
6. He had a few acting roles. He was Ron Tully in the final season of ’Sons of Anarchy’.
He had to grow a goatee.
7. He did another appearance in the TV shows ’Eastbound’ and ’Down’.
Here he played a roller-skating waiter.
8. He only uses certain products to make-up his signature look.
Christian Dior foundation, Aquacolor blue eyeshadow mostly. After this, a combination of products.
9. He collects vintage lunch boxes.
Don’t we all? However, he also collects medical prosthetics and glass eyeballs.
10. His best friend is Johnny Depp.
They have even performed musically together.
11. His favorite movie is ’Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory.
The original, 1971 version. Sorry Johnny! However, Johnny may have used Marilyn as inspiration for the part.
12. He has Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome.
This causes him to have a quick heart rate.
13. He’s also a painter.
He has had multiple art shows in galleries all over the United States and Europe.
14. He donates to multiple charities.
These include ’Music for Life’ and ’Little Kids Rock’.
15. He released an autobiography in 1997 called ’The Long Road Out of Hell’.
Although, he had some help from rock journalist, Neil Strauss.
16. He was nominated for Grammy Awards in 1999, 2001, 2004 and 2013.
The categories included ’Best Hard Rock Performance’ and ’Best Metal Performance’.
17. He loves dogs.
He has three that he loves very much.
18. As a child, he suffered from strange allergies.
As an adult, he no longer does because they were caused by his mother’s Munchausen by Proxy syndrome, in which a person creates health issues for another to gain sympathy.
19. He plays Nintendo DS on the road when he tours.
His favorite is ‘Mario Kart.’