14 Things That Prove You Grew Up The 80s
Here’s a list of things that you would absolutely know about if you grew up in the 80s. It was a magical time that we are constantly trying to recreate and yet we can never seem to get it just right. I suppose that you can only live through this time once and you know that you did if:
1. You wanted to be a member of the Baby-sitters club.
You can still remember trying to start a club on your own.
2. You owned one of these lil’ Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls.
They all had a unique scent!
3. You know what “Hammer” pants are.
And you had a pair or wished that you did.
4. You wore florescent clothing.
We even tried to wear them all at once.
5. You wondered why there was only one female smurf.
Her name was Smurfette.
6. You went to skating rinks before there were in-line skates.
Who would’ve ever thought that there would be a different roller skate?
7. You had a pair of Underoos.
My favorite was Wonder Woman.
8. You couldn’t wait to get up early on Saturday morning.
Because the cartoons were worth it.
9. You wore your hair like this.
A side pony tail was very popular.
10. You played “MASH” (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House).
This is how we predicted our futures.
11. You wore stonewashed jeans and jackets.
It was so much cooler than regular jeans.
12. You watched “Fraggle Rock”.
This show will forever be in your mind.
13. You know what “Wax On, Wax Off” means.
It means that you in training for something big! Or else, the cars were just going to be spotless.
14. You wanted to be a ‘Goonie’.
These kids faced all their fears on this epic adventure.