Scooby Doo has been a part of our lives for decades and has even become a popular real-life movie as well. Now, after all of these years, there are some fascinating facts that you didn’t know before that are about to blow your mind. Let’s take a look:
1. Two Jennifers were passed up to play the role Daphne in the movie ‘Scooby Doo’ (2002).
Jennifer Aniston and Jennifer Love Hewitt were both considered for the role but the part ultimately went to Sarah Michelle Gellar.
2. The Director decided to have a real life couple in the movie ‘Scooby Doo’ (2002) even though the cartoon didn’t have one.
The director, Raja Gosnell, insisted that the roles of Fred and Daphne were to be played by a real life couple.
Therefore, he chose Freddie Prinze Jr. And his girlfriend, Sarah Michelle Gellar. They married in real life the same year that they did this film.
3. Shaggy and Daphne were going to be named WW and Kelly.
Thankfully, that plan was trashed and they stuck with Shaggy and Daphne which sounds a lot better!
4. Scoobert Doo is Scooby Doo’s full name.
Can you imagine calling your dog Scoobert?
What an awful name, Scooby is so much better!
5. Shaggy was an on again off again vegetarian.
The voice for Shaggy for 25 years was actor, Casey Kasem from 1969 to 1995 when he quit because he refused to do the voice of Shaggy for a Burger King commercial.
6. The band ‘Weezer’ turned down roles in the movie ‘Scooby Doo’.
They said no to the cameo in the film but Sugar Ray said yes and performed ‘Words to Me’ in the movie. Imagine how much more publicity they’d of got!!
7. Scrappy Doo wasn’t able to save Scooby Doo.
Scrappy Doo was added as Scooby’s nephew in 1979 but it didn’t help the ratings at all.
We’re not surprised though as Scrappy Doo was a bit boring…
8. The cartoon had lots of marijuana references.
However, the director of the movie decided to not use any in order to make a more family-friendly film.
It could of potentially been the equivalent to The Big Lez show!
9. This family-friendly film still had lots of chest scenes from Daphne.
They certainly knew how to get more males watching the movie and to be honest with you, it probably worked as well.
10. Scooby Snacks are real!
They come in a variety of brands but they all feature the Scooby Doo cartoon on the packaging.
They must be the Frosties of cereal, but for dogs!
11. There was a puppet version of ‘Scooby Doo’ in 2014.
How do you think this went down?
I can’t see it went well myself, although if Velma lost her glasses in this show then it would definitely be worth the watch!!