11 Of Our Favorite Music Videos From The 80s
The criteria for a perfect 80s video includes: at least one babe, big hair, torn clothes, cheesy keyboards, at least one change of clothing, stage effects (smoke, lasers), wild solos, a good story line, a cool car and of course, sunglasses! Therefore, based on this criteria, we have picked a dozen of the best 80s videos you will ever see! Take a look:
1. Legs – ZZ Top.
This video hit on all of the criteria! Congratulations ZZ Top!
2. Parent’s Just Don’t Understand – D.J. Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince.
This hit on everything as well. Also, it was such a great song! We loved it.
3. You Might Think – The Cars.
Well, this one hit on everything except there was no torn clothing.
4. Shake Your Love – Debbie Gibson.
This had no storyline but it did have everything else!
5. I Ran – A flock of Seagulls.
This one is close but it doesn’t have a cool car.
6. Material Girl – Madonna.
This one made all of the criteria and it’s no surprise! It’s Madonna!
7. Love Is A Stranger – Eurythmics.
This one had everything that a great 80s video can have as well!
8. The Final Countdown – Europe.
We already know that they met the ‘big hair’ criteria but they also managed to hit on almost everything else EXCEPT the sunglasses.
9. Fly to the Angels – Slaughter.
If you count ‘Amelia Earhart’ as a babe, then yes, it does meet most of the criteria.
10. Down Under – Men At Work.
This has a flute solo, does that count?
11. Never Gonna Give You Up – Rick Astley.
No torn clothing but he is in a trench coat which makes it all okay.