He was once one of the brightest young stars in Hollywood, giving fantastic performances in the likes of Platoon and Wall Street. But as time has moved on, he has become more well known for his controversial and sometimes downright bizarre personal life, than he has for his on-screen acting ability.
Below are 20 things you probably didn’t know about the strange and occasionally shocking life of Charlie Sheen.
20. His first big-screen role was in one of his dad’s movies when he was nine-years-old
19. He was friends with Rob Lowe and Sean Penn in high school
18. He nearly landed the lead role in Born on the Fourth of July
17. He accidentally shot his fiancee Kelly Preston in the arm
16. His second wife Denise Richards accused him of threatening her with violence
15. He claimed to be a ‘warlock’ with ‘tiger blood’
After being sacked from the popular sitcom Two and a Half Men, Sheen made a number of controversial television interviews.
During these interviews, he claimed, among other things, to be a ‘warlock’ with ‘tiger blood’.
14. His third wife Brooke Mueller believed he had gone insane
Sheen married his third wife Brooke Mueller in 2008, and they had twin sons together.
Only two years later Sheen filed for divorce, and in 2011 police removed their sons from Sheen’s house after Mueller obtained a restraining order against him.
13. He believes the September 11th terrorist attacks were orchestrated by the US
12. He’s the highest-paid TV actor of all time
In 2011, Sheen set a World Record for the fastest person to reach one million followers on Twitter.
He was also once ‘the highest-paid TV actor per episode’, for his role in Two and a Half Men, earning $350, 000 per episode.